|Crafted at||Large Printer|
|Recipe|| EXO Chip|
|Unlock Cost||7,500 Bytes|
The Auto Extractor is an automation item in Astroneer. It allows players to slowly extract resources from deposits without removing terrain, in exchange for giving the player 15 times the amount of nuggets it would normally deposit when done by hand.
|Auto Extractor|| EXO Chip
- Power Consumption Rate: 8 U/s
At full power, the extractor takes 55.5 seconds to create a single nugget of extracted material. This will fill up its two slots in 111 seconds, a Medium Storage in 7.4 minutes, a Medium Storage Silo in 22.2 minutes, a Medium Resource Canister in 29.6 minutes, and a Large Resource Canister in 6 hours and 10 minutes with the use of an Auto Arm.
- The Auto Extractor requires 6 cycles to complete one nugget.
- The Auto Extractor is able to attach directly to Tier 4 attachment slots. This allows it to be transported via a large rover without packaging. The extractor must be turned off before being connected, as it will still drain power when attached to the rover.
- The green bars on each side of the Auto Extractor indicate how much resource is left to extract in the current deposit.
- Organic patches are not true deposits, so the Auto Extractor cannot extract from them.
- The Auto Extractor has a Tier 2, which is meant for a Medium Resource Canister, Medium Storage, or Medium Storage Silo, to add extra storage without using an Auto Arm.
- A Tall Storage may be placed on the top of the Auto Extractor so extracted resources are further away. This can be useful when using an Auto Arm with Auto Extractors placed sideways or upside down.
- An Auto Extractor does not show up on the Compass, so a Beacon is advisable to mark the location if placed far from the player's base.
- The Auto Extractor was first shown off on the June 12, 2020 SES Dev Twitch stream.