|Crafted at||Medium Printer|
|Unlock Cost||1,500 Bytes|
Buggies are the second tier of land Vehicles in Astroneer, and are traditionally used as scout vehicles.
Buggies have a small built-in battery, and like other rovers, need power to operate. Also like other rovers, Buggies function as an infinite Oxygen supply while being driven or stood next to. You can connect a portable oxygenator to use tethers with it. The Buggy is different from other rovers, as you can't connect the Buggy to a platform or Habitat to charge it due to a lack of power ports on the vehicle. As such, they cannot be hooked to other vehicles to form trains or be towed. The only way to move it is to use a Winch, and the only way to charge it is with a Tier-1 power generating module, like a Small Battery or some Power Cells.
The Buggy is much smaller than other rovers and thus is not ideal for carrying loads or gathering resources (consider the Medium Rover or Large Rover for gathering resources and items such as research), however, it is noticeably faster than the other two due to its small frame and offroad suspension. Also, due to its high strength:weight ratio, it is capable of climbing sheer, near vertical walls, though it does not have good entrance and departure angles.
Source[edit | edit source]
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Buggies are ideal for exploration due to their very low power draw. Nearly any power-generating widget will suffice for long journeys.
- They are faster and easier to maneuver than the Medium Rover or Large Rover.
- They can climb very steep inclines, such as mountains. They can even be used in large caves, due to their small size and high maneuverability.
- Because the Buggy contains two Tier-1 slots, larger items such as research items cannot be directly stored onboard the vehicle.
Essentials[edit | edit source]
- A Rover Seat is required to drive the Buggy.
Power[edit | edit source]
- Power Consumption Rate: 0.03125 U/s
- Power Capacity: 4 U
- Each segment of the internal battery of a Buggy will last exactly 32 seconds.
- A Small Battery can increase power capacity by 32 Units or 1024 seconds (17 minutes) per battery.
- A Power Cells can generate 48 Units as necessary, increasing the Buggy's drive time by up to 1536 seconds (26 minutes) per power cell.
Storage[edit | edit source]
- A Buggy has one Tier-2 and two Tier-1 Attachment Slots. However, you must use the Tier-2 slot for a Rover Seat in order to drive the Buggy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Buggy can be used as a supply of unlimited oxygen.
- Buggies lack power sockets, making it impossible to chain them with other rovers or plug them directly into networked power.
- With a small battery and a small wind turbine, the Buggy can have almost infinite drive time.
- The Buggy is the most power-efficient vehicle by far, and also has the most torque.
Media[edit | edit source]