|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
|Crafted at||Backpack or Small Printer|
|Recipe||1x Explosive Powder|
|Unlock Cost||3,750 Bytes|
Dynamite is an explosive item in Astroneer that can be used to destroy items and create holes in the terrain.
When placed, the Dynamite will do nothing, but hovering the cursor over it and pressing F on PC , or X on console will play a series of beeps before the dynamite explodes. The explosion is fatal to players within the explosion radius.
- Destroys any modules, platforms, trees, and other game objects the dynamite attaches to, with the exception of the Starting Shelter.
- Terrain in a small sphere around the explosion site will be destroyed instantly.
- Resources within the blast radius will be harvested.
- EXO Caches within the blast radius will be broken open.
- Putting Dynamite into a shredder will cause it to explode, destroying the shredder.
- Dynamite, hydrogen, methane, sulfur and hydrazine can chain explosions to one another. These explosions get larger and larger as more explosives are added.
The primary practical use of Dynamite is to reduce various wreckage objects into smaller Debris, which then can be collected and processed into tradeable Scrap using the Shredder modules. This is especially useful when finding Detritus (wrecked modules of Extra-Large tier) and other massive objects that cannot be moved or used for any purpose, but represent a high scrap value.