Information below contains information that may ruin your enjoyment of discovering the game's secrets for yourself. Proceed at your own risk.
The Gateway Portal, also known as the Unidentified Satellite, is the location of the ending to the adventure across the solar system. It is hovering above the sun, and can only be accessed after activating a Gateway Engine. In order to activate the Gateway Fast Travel Network on the satellite, the player must first travel there by shuttle and interact with the Odd Stone on the outer platform. This allows travel between the satellite and any active Gateway Engine.
The Gateway Portal has a round platform in the center, which is divided into seven concentric circles, one for each Planet and space for an Odd Stone in the center. Attached to this platform by illuminated ramps, are five outer platforms. Four of them offer landing space for Shuttles, the fifth has an Odd Stone, allowing players to travel to the cores of all seven Planets, after they have been activated.
Activating the Center
Once a Gateway Engine has been activated, the player may bring a Geometric Triptych from this planet. Placing the Triptych in the matching slot will activate one of the seven rings on the central platform. A semi circle of light forms above the platform.
Once all seven Triptychs have been gathered and put into their slots, the portal will open, allowing the player to interact with the Odd Stone in the center of the platform. Doing so will trigger the ending cutscene and credits.
The slots, in order from closest to the center to furthest, is as follows:
- Oxygen will be filled slowly when on the Gateway Portal.
- The Hydrazine Jet Pack and the Solid-Fuel Jump Jet do not work on the gateway platform.
- When in Creative Mode flight, players can teleport to the Gateway Portal and retain flight, but they are unable to reactivate flight mode if on the ground.
- Only the Odd Stone on the outer platform can be used to traverse the Gateway Fast Travel Network. The central Odd Stone that appears can not access the network.
- Vehicles cannot be used on the platform.