|Unlock Cost||Unlocked via Missions|
The Hoverboard is a personal mobility device in Astroneer that allows for faster travel than by simply running.
- By completing To Parts Unknown, players will unlock Prototype Recovery.
- Finding and blowing up the Vehicle Data Recorder on Desolo and retrieving its EXO Chip will unlock the mission Tracing the Transmission and reveal the location of the MAT.
- Finding the MAT and slotting an EXO Chip will unlock two missions to bring two each of Copper, Zinc, Plastic, and Aluminum Alloy.
- Once all eight resources have been provided, the last mission, Onboarding unlocks.
- The player just needs to activate the MAT, in order to be able to collect the rewards: The Hoverboard, its Schematic, as well as a QT-RTG.
- Power Consumption Rate: 1 U/s
The Hoverboard requires being placed in the backpack, and can be activated by simply double-tapping the jump button (default Space on PC). It will activate from any slot, including those on the Terrain Tool, and can be activated with context keys when placed on the Widget slots.
While active, the Hoverboard will drain 1 Power per second, requiring the player to have a constant source of power, such as a QT-RTG.
- Players will still take fall damage while on a Hoverboard, however using a Hydrazine Jet Pack or a Solid-Fuel Jump Jet can prevent the player from taking damage.
- Using a Hoverboard with a Hydrazine Jet Pack or a Solid-Fuel Jump Jet is currently the fastest way of traveling.