|Crafted at||Large Printer|
|Recipe|| EXO Chip x2|
|Unlock Cost||5,000 Bytes|
Though they have a built-in battery, Large Rovers need power to be driven, and function as an unlimited supply of oxygen when the player is sitting in or connected to them.
|Large Rover|| EXO Chip x2
Consumes 1 Unit per second while driving continuously.
The power storage of a Large Rover holds effectively 16 Units, meaning it can only be driven without attached power sources for 16 seconds.
- Rover Seat - Is required to drive the rover
- Large Rover Seat - allows more passengers in multiplayer, the first player to enter the seat will be the driver
- By Base - via network cable that can be extended from any Platform. The cable may be directed from the Rover to the Platforms to provide power to the base if needed.
- By Module - via Power module such as, but not limited to: Generators, Solar panels, Wind Turbines
- By Object- via Power Cells
- A large rover comes with a tier-4 Attachment Slot on its top that can hold 1 extra large object, such as the Extra Large Shredder, and the front and the back provide a tier-3 attachment point, which can be used to carry items or connect to other rovers. A large storage can also be mounted on the back. Note that rover seats and drills will not function from a large storage on any vehicle.
- Medium Storage - Allow carrying more small items on the vehicle such as Resources, use in pair with large storage to maximize space efficiency.
- Large Storage - Each of these doubles attachment points of half the top of the rover or if with 4 medium storage units, 32 small objects. With 3 large storages, each with 4 medium storages, and 1 medium storage next to the seat on the front, the large rover can hold a maximum of 104 small items. As of Version 184.108.40.206, one can create a massive large rover super-storage train using 4 large rovers, 9 large storage silos (model B), 55 medium storage silos, 1 rover seat and 1 QT-RTG for power. Configuring the train in this way yields a storage capacity of 2,615 small items.
- Medium Battery - Increase power capacity by 512 Units, or 512 seconds of continuous driving.
- Crane - Used with a Drill Head for bulk resource collection
- Winch - Allows rover to tow other vehicles and large objects, such as Wrecked Solar Arrays or fully-loaded Platforms.
- Drill Heads - Attached to the front or back of the Rover, allows for digging tunnels while driving. Activated by pressing a one of the context buttons (C or V for PC/ or for Xbox/ or for PS4)
- Paver - Like the drill heads, can be attached to the front or back of the rover to pave a road of dark gray soil. Activated with one of the context buttons (C or V for PC/ or for Xbox/ or for PS4)
Hauling and Trains
Like Medium Rovers, Large Rovers can be tethered together to form "Trains".
There are limitations how big a train can be based on the number of vehicles and/or how full they are. The more vehicles or the more stuff is loaded onto them, the slower they go, up to the point where they can no longer climb small rises or even move at all.
A Large rover is capable of:
- Pulling 3 loaded large rovers
- Pulling 3 loaded medium rovers
- Large Rovers can supply unlimited air and have attachment slots for supplies, so they can be used as general storage and function like temporary camps while exploring.
- A triple Large Storage Large Rover can be used for mass storage of material or as a mobile energy buffer if filled with Medium Batteries or power generators.
- Include some quartz in your toolkit; if the Large Rover is already full, then having quartz allows you to quickly make a beacon to mark where resources or scavenged items are left behind to be collected later.
- Large Rover "Trains" can be used for automatic sorting of products from things such as the Soil Centrifuge, Atmospheric Condenser, and the Large Shredder. If a Storage spot is available (such as on a medium storage), the mineral, scrap or gases will go to a proper location. This is often used to get more than 17 filled gas canisters of a gas on a planet.
- Even if the large rover has no available slots on the top, you can still drive with the seat attached to the front or the back.
- Using a Medium Fluid & Soil Canister on the rover allows for the collection of soil while using a drill.
- Attaching an RTG to a Large Rover will cause power to be generated at 400% the rate it is consumed, allowing the rover to not have to stop to let solar panels or wind turbines recharge the rover.
- Attaching a QT-RTG to a Large Rover will generate exactly the right amount of power needed to drive indefinitely.