|Crafted at||Medium Printer|
|Unlock Cost||3,750 Bytes|
Source[edit | edit source]
|Medium Rover|| Rubber
Uses[edit | edit source]
Essentials[edit | edit source]
- Rover Seat - Is required to drive the rover. Can be placed on the front or rear of the rover.
Power[edit | edit source]
- By Base - via flexible power cable plugged into a platform or Habitat
- By Module - via Power modules such as, but not limited to: Generators, Solar panels, Wind Turbines, or Batteries
- By Object- via Power Cells
The Medium Rover consumes power when thrusting or turning at 0.5U/s.
Without an external power source or batteries, the 8 Units of its internal battery empty in 16 seconds while accelerating in any direction continuously. The power gauge on the sides of the rover is not proportionate to small and medium batteries notably, and only contains a 25% of the power storage of a Small Battery. A Small Battery more than quadruples the driving time for a Medium Rover, up to an additional 64 seconds.
Storage[edit | edit source]
- A medium rover starts with a large attachment slot on its top that can hold 2 medium objects or four small objects, and the front and the back each provide a tier-two slot each that can be used to either carry small or medium items. Note however that if a cable is attached to an end of the rover, the storage point at that end locks itself off and will eject any items connected to it.
- Medium Storage - Allows carrying more small items on the vehicle such as Resources; use in combination with Large Storage to maximize space efficiency.
- Large Storage - Each of these doubles the number of attachment points on the top of the rover.
- Medium Battery - Increases power capacity by 256 Units, giving an additional 512 seconds of continuous driving time.
Tools[edit | edit source]
- Crane - Used with a Drill Head for bulk resource collection
- Winch - Allows the rover to tow other vehicles from a longer distance or large objects that normally cannot be tethered to
- Drill Heads - Attached directly to the front of the Rover, allow digging tunnels while driving. Activated by pressing a one of the context buttons (C or V for PC/ or for Xbox/ or for PS4)
Hauling and Trains[edit | edit source]
Like Large Rovers, Medium Rovers can be tethered together to form "trains".
There are limitations to how big a train can be, based on the number of vehicles and/or how full they are. The more vehicles or the more stuff that they carry, the slower they go, up to the point where they can no longer climb small rises or even move at all. Smaller trains of 2-4 cars are generally safe.
A Medium rover is capable of:
- Pulling one loaded Large Rover
- Pulling three loaded medium rovers
Tip: When pulling a Large Rover with a Medium Rover, power drain remains the same and you receive the benefit of the Large Rover's battery supply and storage capacity. However, handling is poor as the Large Rover has a tendency to jack-knife when braking.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Medium Rovers can supply unlimited oxygen and have attachment slots for supplies, so they can be use as general storage and function like temporary camps while exploring.
- The weight of a vehicle can be affected by attachments, additions, and how loaded up it is. The rover's weight determines how fast it can move or how/if it can be used in a train.
Media[edit | edit source]