|Release Date||November 14, 2018|
|Official Notes||Official Patch Notes|
|Previous Patch||Patch 0.10.1|
|Next Patch||Patch 1.0|
Exotic Moon Tech Test
This build includes a first look at an early version of Exotic Moon. We are using it as a stress test for Terrain 2.0, the new technology we are using to generate planets. This planet is an earlier unfinished version than the current development one, so it will be missing large parts of the gameplay loop. You should expect to encounter bugs and missing gameplay. If you do, please report them on our forums so we can track major issues as we go through our bugfix phase before 1.0! No amount of feedback is too small! You can access the build by scrolling left on the starting menu space ship and loading "Terrain Tech Test"
Because the planet has missing decorators, effects, research, and resources, Exo Dynamics has provided the Astroneer with 100k bytes, and an experimental development plinth that provides all necessary resources to craft items. Consider this an EXTREMELY loose test for players who want "Creative Mode" type experience. Please give us feedback on what you would like to see included if Astroneer added a dedicated creative experience after 1.0!
Also, the planet has a fixed seed, so every player of the game will experience the same exact planet. Share your favorite mountains, caves, craters, and with others and directions on how to get there using the Astroneer's compass!
"Retro" Suit Unlock
As a gift to everyone who supported us throughout development, a new suit has been added to the game! This “Retro” suit is exclusively for Early Access and Game Preview players of Astroneer as a thanks for your ideas, bug reports, feedback, and encouragement. Anyone who owns the game before 1.0 will receive the "Retro" suit, and we have no plans for making it available to post 1.0 players. Thanks so much for your support thus far!
The following live issues have been fixed as of version 0.10.5.0:
- Addressed an issue where some players were unable to join a Multiplayer game on Xbox One. We will keep monitoring to see if the issue persists, please let us know on the forums if you are still encountering this problem.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on the opened Backpack while holding down a terrain modifier key breaks cursor selection
- Fixed a Multiplayer bug where Client players could not start the Soil Centrifuge from the control panel
- Fixed a bug where the Chemistry Lab would stop functioning mid-print if a player was holding enough resources to perform crafting twice
- 3-Seat modules should now be appropriately facing outward when printing directly on an Extra Large Rover.
- Fixed a rare, but annoying crash that occurred when players attempted to shred a second non-empty Oxygen tank with oxygen in it after shredding a non-empty Oxygen tank.