|Release Date||July 6, 2018|
|Official Notes||Official Patch Notes|
|Previous Patch||Patch 0.8.0|
|Next Patch||Patch 0.9.2|
Updates[edit | edit source]
Update 0.9.0 contains a new gameplay mechanic and module, the Shredder, and tons of new things to discover while exploring planets!
New Discovery Type - Exo Wrecks[edit | edit source]
Players can now find new types of EXO discoveries while exploring! From small crashed dropships to sprawling empty outposts, these discoveries await you on the surface of all planets across the solar system. Some of these structures are still somewhat usable… will you strip them of their goods, or settle down and repurpose their working parts into a new base of operations? Some of these include:
- Solar and wind farms
- Wrecked dropships
- Abandoned spaceports
These discoveries will also provide valuable parts that you can use for shredding, which brings us to our next addition...
Shredder and Scrap[edit | edit source]
The Small Shredder and Medium Shredder have been added to the game! Shredding is a new gameplay mechanic in Astroneer, that will allow players to use found and created materials to create Scrap, a new resource. Scrap is created by shredding items and modules you no longer need, or wrecked objects and debris you find in the world. Players can then use scrap to trade for materials at the Trade Platform.
- The Small Shredder is available in the Catalog for 500 Bytes and prints from the Small Fabricator for 1 Aluminum
- Medium Shredder is available in the Catalog for 1000 Bytes and prints from the Medium Fabricator for 2 Aluminum
Trade Platform[edit | edit source]
The trade platform has been updated to be the primary source of trading for Scrap. Instead of trading using crafting materials, you now use the trade platform to send scrap away in exchange for resources you might need! We will continue to make adjustments to the exchange rates so make sure to let us know how these work for you!
In-Game UI Improvements[edit | edit source]
- As part of ongoing improvements to the in-game UI, the Power and Oxygen status visualizations have been changed to icons and notification tags rather than floating text.
- Hovering over another player in Multiplayer games now gives you a bit of information about them.
Other Improvements[edit | edit source]
- Harvestables now appear on Radiated and Arid, as well as in Caves on all planets! The design team is eager to hear your feedback on respawn rates and point grant values of Harvestables. Please visit the forums, or other social channels, and let us know what you think!
- All Rovers now have tighter turn radius, enabling more awesome donut maneuvers, but also better maneuverability in caves.
Bugs & Crash Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a crash that occurred when printing a Large Shuttle both a Power Nugget and directional power to the Vehicle Bay.
- Fixed a UI bug where the text on the Vehicle Bay would flip upside down when approaching it in a vehicle.
- Fixed a long standing issue in the Trade Platform where the trade resources would appear inconsistently between client and host players in Multiplayer games.
- Fixed an Audio issue where storm effects would not return if a player entered and then exited a cave during a storm.
- Footstep sound effects have returned!
- Fixed an Audio issue where the Lowpass filter would remain in effect after dying.
- Adjusted the headers in the Quick Help menu so they no longer overlap in Windowed mode or with longer translations.
- Fixed a bug where a Terrain Analyzer occupying a Backpack slots would interfere with the ability to place objects directly into the Backpack.
- Fixed a camera collision issue that occurred when a player would pan across in front of the Habitat causing the Landing pad to flicker in and out.
- Small platforms should no longer topple over easily on uneven ground.
- Filter hologram should once again be present on the Backpack printer preview.
- Fixed an issue where an unusable Examine prompt would appear when selecting the Small Fabricator in your Backpack.
- The Dropship should no longer be deployable when it is placed on a Shuttle.
- Fixed an Audio issue where only the first hydrazine canister attached to a shuttle would play its associated SFX when fuel is transferred into shuttle tank.
- Fixed an annoying issue where Hard Terrain and its surrounding terrain could not be flattened together without the appearance of a small gap or jagged edges.
- Tooltips no longer remain visible on the Terrain Tool after closing the Backpack.
- Fixed a major issue on the Xbox One causing the game to not save after entering the Habitat and then powering down the console.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
- In a higher latency situation, rejoining players may appear at first where they last were in a Multiplayer game, but due to latency, input is still bound to the EXO satellite and on pressing 'A' they get relaunched from the station.
- The addition of new POI's and Discovery types will cause terrain seams in old saves. This will no longer be an issue once Terrain 2.0 gets rolled out.