|Release Date||April 11, 2019|
|Official Notes||Official Patch Notes|
|Previous Patch||Patch 1.0.13|
|Next Patch||Patch 1.1.2|
Updates[edit | edit source]
General Updates[edit | edit source]
This patch includes a large update to networking code to improve performance in multiplayer sessions. Hosts should no longer see huge performance drops when clients join their games!
- Code redemption is now available in Astroneer. Redeem your Recruit Bundle codes now!
- Gateway Engines no longer require oxygen management from Astroneers.
- Emote selections are now persistent account-wide - like all other customization options - rather than just per individual save.
- The Gateway teleportation exit point has been changed so that the player no longer takes fall damage when exiting it.
- The Scrap value of Graphite has been fixed from a high 0.75 to the intended 0.25. This also addressed a minor exploit which allowed players to trade 3 Graphite nuggets for 4 Graphite nuggets via the Scrap mechanic.
A number of balance and distribution changes to Hazards and Research Samples are included in this patch.
Research Samples and Items:
- Increased Research Sample spawn probability on Sylva forest biome by 25%.
- Increased the density of Research Items and Samples in Sylvan subterranean biomes.
- Respawn times for Research Samples have increased 25%. Also increased the value of Research Items by at least 25%, and reduced their research time by a similar margin.
- Where there previously was a single growth, now a trio of Volatile Cataplants have sprouted on Glacio’s ice sheets.
- Delayed Bouncevine explosion from .5 to 1.5 seconds after being uprooted.
- Adjusted both the Noxious and the Elegant Spewflower to have a stronger toxin (especially the latter, which only occurs underground). Astroneers visiting Atrox are cautioned to avoid their fume clouds, which are at least 25% more deadly than previously recorded.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
We have addressed an issue with a performance optimization which was causing intermittent crashes in version 188.8.131.52.
- Fixed a long standing bug which would cause the Shelter tooltip to not reappear if Players exited the Shelter while mousing over it.
- Fixed the messaging on the Research Chamber for non-researchable items until the save is reloaded.
- Fixed a bug in the customization system where suit palettes with non-default materials incorrectly change backpack slot colors.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to drive Large Rover trains of more than two Rovers.
- Fixed the glitch (and by that we mean hilarious exploit) which occurred when entering a shuttle and picking it up simultaneously allowed the client player to fly around.
- Client Players can no longer carry platforms when they enter the shuttle and carry the those platforms to other planets.
- Fixed a bug causing small printer functionality to become suppressed when instructed to print the thruster until the correct cable is connected.
- Astronium nugget now uses the correct texture.
- Text boxes no longer overlap when collecting more than one kind of resource in quick succession: instead they now conveniently stack alongside the backpack.
- Fixed a bug causing batteries to send out power on directional power connections even when they have no excess power to send out.
- Fixed an incorrect research Byte value and research time on a some hazards.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Patch 1.0.14 released on April 5, 2019, however official patch notes were not provided. Patch notes for both 1.0.14 and 1.0.15 are included here.