|Augment & Research Curve Update|
|Release Date||April 21, 2017|
|Official Notes||Official Patch Notes|
|Previous Patch||Patch 131|
|Next Patch||Patch 154|
- Added tool augment system: Augment items can be attached to tools (starting with terrain tool) to upgrade or change behavior
- Terrain tool can now be interacted with when backpack is open in order to slot in augments.
- New unlockable augment items!
- Terrain analyzer: Collect terrain of a particular material/color until meter is full. Once meter is full, adding terrain will use the equipped color, and subtracting terrain will filter on the equipped color.
- Wide mod: Increases the size of the terrain tool brush while decreasing intensity.
- Narrow mod: Decreases the size of the terrain tool brush while increasing intensity.
- Inhibitor: Shuts down functionality. Applied to terrain tool, turns off adding/subtracting terrain, but maintains color changes and harvesting.
- Complete overhaul of equipment unlock progression. Specific equipment unlocks are now dependent on researching certain types of chests while retaining some randomization.
- Steeper difficulty curve: Fewer types of equipment are available at the beginning of a new game, requiring more chests to be recovered and researched to acquire everything.
- Research chests are less common overall.
- Hydrazine no longer tradeable at trade module.
- Backpack now opens to one side, if space is clear, to support tool interactions, and clear the view ahead.
- Backpack gets illuminated when opened to aid visibility in dark areas.
- Default terrain tool brush size and intensity adjusted.
- Terrain tool now adds grey terrain when no augment mod equipped.
- Terrain brush now indicates color
- Added an interaction indicator between the Astroneer and held items.
- In multiplayer, the indicators of other players are now visible and receive the accent color of that player.
- Dynamite explosion power and radius now increases when multiple dynamite sticks are packed together.
- Mellowed out camera behavior when backpack or terrain tool is out.
- Updated vehicle code to increase stability.
- Added new VFX for deformations.
- Several significant improvements to key physics systems to improve CPU perf.
- Fixed crash on load of some saved games.
- Fix many objects falling through the world when unattended.
- Fixed foliage floating in air after dynamite explosion.
- Fix tethers disappearing on quick-stow if top-left backpack bundle is full.
- Fix tethers not being placeable while sprinting.
- Fix Astroneer's head remaining cocked until cursor is moved to a forward position.
- Fix auxiliary slot items not automatically equipping to backpack auxiliary slots when printed.
- Fix item unlock messages not replicating to all clients in MP.
- Fix various MP desync issues.