|Release Date||July 21, 2017|
|Official Notes||Official Patch Notes|
|Previous Patch||Patch 189|
|Next Patch||Patch 199|
Updates[edit | edit source]
You will find these updates in 196, the next build of the game.
- Migrated to Unreal Engine version 4.15.
- Fall Damage model been refactored to use fall velocity instead of absolute height values.
- A variety of error messages for joining Multiplayer games have been implemented in game and localized in all shipping languages.
- Set up headless game server to begin the process of dedicated server implementation.
- Worklight object is now available in the build and printable from the backpack.
- Distinct Gestures and Idles for Bubble, Pajama, and Bio Suits have been added
- Adjusted FX to fire off at the right times during animations.
- Implemented basic gameplay telemetry collection.
- The Game no longer triggers an autosave on the first exit from the Dropship.
- Backpack shoulder auxiliary slots can hold arbitrary items again.
- Oxygen tank cost restored to 1 Titanium.
Build all the worklights you want! This is the first pass on dropping in a "test item". We hope to continue to add items like this while we flesh out core systems, as well as passes on other items that we think have way more potential, like the winch, drill, and beacons, just to name a few. You also now have more personality depending on which Astroneer you choose, as well as reverting the cost of oxygen tanks to titanium. Print some now while they are cheap ;). Dedicated servers are still not ready, but the headless server instance is a good step in the right direction.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Spikers should once again be visible to Client players in Multiplayer games.
- Client players should no longer be generating different terrain than the Host in Multiplayer games.
- Fixed a recurring crash during the object update cycle. Object updating is now more efficient.
- Full tanks no longer appear empty to Client players in Multiplayer games.
- The Smelter will no longer lose resource nuggets if there are no slots available on the module, nuggets will fall to the ground instead.
- Fixed an edge-case, but annoying issue where players are unable to proceed with the game after clicking the take-off button at the end of the landing sequence.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when players attempt to load a previously saved game from the Main Menu.
- Xbox players should now be able to join a previously suspended online game session.
- Fixed a nondeterministic terrain generation issue which resulted in terrain seams around the landing zone.
- Several fixes to the Gravity system should reduce instances of Vehicles and unearthed objects floating away.
- Fixed issue where the Smelter would be restored to a bugged state if the game was saved during the smelting process.
- Fixed issue where the Research Module would be restored to a bugged state if the game was saved at the wrong moment during chest unlock.
- Fixed numerical error buildup in camera system causing jitter and drift.
- One of the biggest fixes is gravity for vehicles and spawned items on planets. There still might be a few edge cases here, but for the most part you should be seeing less floaty stuff. Also, multiplayer sessions where players are on different planets should be much more stable.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
The following minor bugs are known to be in this release and will be addressed in a future update.
- Background music tracks may sometimes loop or cut out early.
- Base conduit may sometimes extend off the intended trajectory.
- The upgrade to the Wwise audio engine has caused some unforseen situations where music does not trigger properly. This will be fixed after this update. Also, our migration to Unreal 4.15 has caused some issues with base conduits. There is a fix in progress, but it didn't make it in time for this update. Expect to see it in the next one.
Hotfixes[edit | edit source]
Hotfix 197[edit | edit source]
- Release Date: July 28, 2017
- Patch Notes:
- The effects of storms have now been scaled down. They will still cause things to blow away, but your rovers will now no longer be in perilous danger whenever the wind blows.
- Upon death, ghost Astroneer corpses appear at your base.
- When basebuilding, conduits stray of of their intended path when resin is placed on them
- In MP games, Host players will see worklights illuminated for themselves and Client players, but Client players will not see the light
- Issue where the transform of an object moving into the backpack isn't set correctly, resulting in the item appearing inside the Astroneer