|Recipe||1x Nanocarbon Alloy|
|Unlock Cost||10,000 Bytes|
The Portable Oxygenator is an oxygen generation item used to generate Oxygen using Power in the Backpack. Combined with any power generation such as Small Wind Turbines, Small Solar Panels, or Small Generators, it can provide a permanent Oxygen supply without needing to connect to tethers or other devices that provide oxygen.
Source[edit | edit source]
|Portable Oxygenator||Nanocarbon Alloy||Backpack|
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Power Consumption Rate: 1 U/s
To use a Portable Oxygenator, the player must first place it in one of the widget slots on the Backpack, then press the corresponding context key (default C or V, for left or right slot) to activate. The Portable Oxygenator will run until it consumes all power, even if the oxygen tank is full, so the player should turn it off once the oxygen tank is filled.
When the Portable Oxygenator is active, the player won't connect to tethers until it is turned off or the backpack is opened and an available tether is nearby. For use away from tethers, the player is required to have a source of power, either Small Solar Panels, Small Wind Turbines, or Small Generators, to refill the backpack power supply. Using a Small Generator may be the best option, with organic being found on all planet layers.
When activated, a Portable Oxygenator consumes 1 U/s continuously and fills a single Oxygen Tank per 10 Units of power consumed. When paired with a QT-RTG, the portable oxygenator will provide infinite oxygen to the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- For reference, the backpack's oxygen tank is the same size as Oxygen Tanks, so a full charge of 10 Units in the backpack will entirely fill the player's Oxygen bar.
- Portable Oxygenators are functionally identical to regular Oxygenators, besides being able to be toggled on or off, meaning they can turn a player's backpack into a portable Power and Oxygen supplier for all nearby players in multiplayer.
- Any Oxygen provided to adjacent Astroneers while the Portable Oxygenator is active is essentially free; no extra cost is exacted for doing so, though backpacks will try to share power from any attached external power storage devices.
- Portable Oxygenators consume power indefinitely, whether they are actually able to fill an oxygen tank or not. If all tanks are full, any remaining power will be consumed, meaning the player should turn off the Portable Oxygenator when oxygen tanks are full to prevent any loss of excess power and to extend the power left in the backpack.