|Crafted at||Large Printer|
The Shelter is a base building item in Astroneer and central point of permanent bases. When beginning a new game, upon exiting the Dropship, a Shelter will construct itself, along with a nearby stationary Landing Pad, and turns the surrounding Terrain into a blackish-gray soil that is only removable with a Drill or Drill Mod.
|Shelter|| Silicone x2
- Power Production Rate: 1 U/s
Once constructed, the Shelter acts as:
- The hub of the player's base
- The game saves each time the Shelter is entered
- A respawn point in case of death (to act as a spawn, you must enter the Shelter at least once)
- An infinite source of Oxygen and Power
- The starting Landing Pad gives an Oxygenator that can be moved and placed into the starting Shelter. However, Oxygenators in printed Shelters cannot be moved
The Shelter has two Tier-1 slots on its side to attach up to two items, as well as four power connectors to expand your base outwards
- The Shelter cannot be moved or packaged with a Packager after it has been placed.
- Shelters comes with a permanent RTG attached, which is unable to be removed. However, it generates a fourth of the power compared to the craftable RTG
- Crafted Shelters include an Oxygenator, the starting Shelter does not
- There is also a mobile variant, the Field Shelter, which is cheaper in production and smaller in size.