Wish to create a Chinese version of Astroneer Wiki
Hello! I'm an Astroneer player, with a native language of Chinese Mandarin. I found my way here according to this page. Sorry if I made a mistake.
I have experience in editing wiki pages (at Minecraft Wiki, with some translation work). But building a whole wiki from nothing is still new to me. I'm not sure if that's enough for starting this work. I enjoy playing Astroneer and wish to share game skills with all players using Chinese, even though it can be hard to complete. I will start translating the main page. Hopefully it will be done in several days.
Would you please teach me how to start this work? Thanks for reading this message! Have a nice day :)
- Hey there! Thank you for your interest in translating Astroneer Wiki! You did the right move by contacting me. The only thing I need you to do before we can proceed and create a new ZH version of Astroneer Wiki is to translate the pages related to the main page. How those pages are translated, just contact me back and I'll see about requesting a new wiki version. Have a nice day! :) MannedTooth (talk) 07:54, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hello again! I've finished the translation of the main page sections. Now it almost looks like what it should be like in zh! By the way, some sites are banned in China Mainland so I've removed them. I also added a Chinese local community. Next step I'll start translation from several vital pages in the main navigation. Thanks for your work! 1479hh (talk) 07:29, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
Wish to Change the default skin of HydraDark to Hydra on ZH Astroneer Wiki
- Hey there, Astroneer possesses both a light and dark theme. The light theme is the one by default. To change the skin you're using, you need to go to your your preference page. MannedTooth (talk) 20:02, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
Wish to make some further translation regrading the wiki system
Hello there! I noticed that some tabs like "share" and "purge" are not translated unlike other parts when the wiki was established, some content in the netbar, the sidebar and the footer too. I've claimed the wiki as admin , so I'm wondering if I can translate them since the example of Minecraft Wiki is fully translated. I searched for a while without finding any answer, so I came here again to seek some help.
These small changes are also wanted:
- Favicon: None to Same as EN Astroneer Wiki
- Website Title: Astroneer Wiki to 中文 Astroneer Wiki, which means "Chinese Astroneer Wiki"
- Hey there, so you want to look here. Just find the word you want to translate, and click on its link, it will create a page. For example,
MediaWiki:Purgefor "Purge". Just make sure the
MediaWiki:Pagetitle-view-mainpagecontain the word "Official" translated in Chinese. As for the favicon, I am fixing that right away. :) MannedTooth (talk) 04:25, 4 March 2019 (UTC)
- Though I should say, do not change the footer or anything legal/copyright related, those are to stay as they are until we receive an official translated one. MannedTooth (talk) 04:31, 4 March 2019 (UTC)
Question on Regional Conversion System
Hi there! The default ZH conversion system coming with MediaWiki is great though, I noticed that some of the conversions may not be that adequate for the game content. So I'm wondering if I could edit some of the conversions.
According to ZH Wikipedia, the Conversion system consists of there parts, two of which are global. They are "ZHConversion.php" and "MediaWiki:Conversiontable". I made some experiments with the latter but nothing happened.
- Hey there, I will contact someone who may be in better position to answer that, will keep in touch shortly. MannedTooth (talk) 01:12, 26 March 2019 (UTC)