- Esta es la página de charla de Willyngh, actualmente estoy trabajando como Guardián de la Wiki en la Wiki Oficial de Astroneer en Español, por favor déjeme un mensaje y recuerde firmar sus mensajes usando cuatro tildes (~~~~).
- This is Willyngh's talk page, I'm currently working as a Wiki Guardian on the Official Astroneer Wiki in Spanish, please leave me a message and remember to sign your posts using four tildes (~~~~).
Hey, I think there has been some confusion with regards to what Modules are. Not every item in the game is a module, and really only a handful are actually classified as such. Most crafting stations, such as the Smelting Furnace, Chem Lab and Soil Centrifuge are modules, but vehicles and most power items are not, for example. For what the Module page has become, it is more a copy of the Objects page, than explaining what a module actually is. 21:30, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
- Dear Sdkphoenix, This is the definition of modules "Modules are one of the main types of items in Astroneer. All crafted at Printers and used in base construction and functionality are considered Modules", the same definition indicates that everything printed on the printers and that helps to build the base is considered a module, in another part of the definition it says "Modules function in a variety of ways, from platforms which can hold other items, to Solar Panels which generate power.", which indicates that everything referred to energy is part of the modules, and with respect to the vehicles, how to build a base without the help of them?, therefore "everything that is manufactured in the printers are modules", not so for example resources, Marbles, Research Samples or Research Items (among many other things that are Objects).
- All Modules are Objects, but not all Objects are Modules by definition. This is a discussion that has been going on since 2017 and it has been three years and dozens of updates. without any doubts or differences of criteria we can continue on the discussion page for the community and the developers to give their opinion. Without further ado, I send you my best regards - Willyngh (talk) 05:56, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- The description that you linked is quite old, from when the game was much smaller than it is now. But when looking at the game itself, very few items are labeled as modules, and that is how it should be. The page as a whole should be rewritten to reflect how the game is now, and not based on old definitions. Also that definition is not clear at all, in my opinion. I see it as saying that "Module are items created at printers" not "All items created at printers are modules". I think the entire page either needs a rewrite, or merge it into Objects, with a page or a section to talk about the different types of items in the game. Most things on the wiki are created by the people who have worked on the wiki, and doesn't come from the game itself. I have been working on trying to align the wiki with the game, to list things on proper pages based on what is shown in the tooltips and menus, and not based on 3+ year old discussions. The game is no longer what it was from 2017. Also, it might be beneficial to join the Astroneer Discord and ask for access to the Wiki channel, as it would make for discussing things much easier, or at least keep it to a single talk page. 09:49, 27 August 2020 (UTC)